Workshop EWG-DSS Liverpool-2012: April 12th – April 13th, 2012
Organized by the EWG-DSS Coordination Board
in Cooperation with the Management School – University of Liverpool, UK
where the EWG-DSS Workshop will take place.
University of Liverpool
Chatham Street, L69 7ZH
The purpose of this Workshop is to bring together professionals of the research areas related to Decision Making and Decision Support, as well as their respective areas of applications. Particular focus will be given to recent developments, their methodologies, concepts and implementation details, especially for the industry.
Members of the EWG-DSS working group are expected to participate and to encourage the participation of other related professionals, so that further collaboration can be promoted on a larger scale.
Contributions: We encourage the submission of papers addressing topics in research and application of Decision Support Systems (DSS). Authors are requested to submit Extended Abstracts (~ 6 A4 pages) in electronic form (MS-Word and PDF) up to
24/02/2012 09/03/2012. (format here). Submissions will be managed through EasyChair. Submissions may include, among others, the following topics:
– Decision-Making approaches for Operations Management
– Collaborative Decision-Making in Industries
– Integrated DSS for global manufacturing
– DSS supported by simulation and optimization approaches
– Decision-Making in manufacturing networks
– DSS key issues for Mass Customisation and Co-Innovation in Manufacturing Networks
– Knowledge Management and DSS in Industries
– DSS for lean thinking in process industries
– DSS for Outsourcing, Logistic and Supply Chain Management
– DSS Experiences, Management, and Education
– Methods, Languages and Tools to support Decision Making
The EURO Working Group on Decision Support Systems (EWG-DSS) was founded with 24 participants of the EURO Summer Institute on DSS that took place at Madeira, Portugal, in May 1989. Since then, the number of EWG-DSS members has substantially grown. Now we are over 150 members coming from various nationalities. There has also been established quiet a few well-qualified research co-operations within the group members, which have generated valuable contributions to the DSS field in journal publications. Since its creation, the EWG-DSS has held annual Meetings in various European countries, and has taken active part in the many of the last EURO K Conferences, organizing streams on decision-making related subjects.
The main purpose of the EWG-DSS is to establish a platform for encouraging state-of-the-art high quality research and collaboration work within the DSS community. Other aims of the EWG-DSS are to:
- Encourage the exchange of information among practitioners, end-users, and researchers in the area of Decision Systems.
- Enforce the networking among the DSS communities available and facilitate activities that are essential for the start-up of international cooperation research and projects.
- Facilitate professional academic and industrial opportunities for its members.
- Favour the development of innovative models, methods and tools in the field Decision Support and related areas.
- Actively promote the interest on Decision Systems in the scientific community by organizing dedicated workshops, seminars, mini-conferences and conference streams in major conferences, as well as editing special and contributed issues in relevant scientific journals.